If you like Little House...

If you like the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder, then you may also like Free Land by Rose Wilder Lane (Laura's daughter). It is completely fictional, but if you know the Little House books well then you will recognize borrowed aspects from her parents' lives. It is more of an adult read than the Little House books, so it lasts longer. I can devour even the longest Little House book in a few hours. It is still a pretty short read for avid readers (of which I am not). There are parts of Laura and Almanzo's lives that the Little House books don't cover (like how Almanzo's family moves to Minnesota when he is older) and Rose borrows aspects of those so you can learn a little bit more about what their life was like beyond the Little House books. I'm not sure how much of that is true, but I am guessing that it is as accurate as the Little House books are, since there are many fictional aspects of those books as well.

I love the Little House books. I am slightly obsessed. Nate thinks that I am extremely obsessed because my conversation goes to them about once a week (or more) {correction by Nathan: she talks about it once a day}. I just re-read the series in January and already want to read them again, so they are fresh on my mind. They are so much better than the TV show!

Comments