First of all, you should vote in our poll as to whether you think we are going to have a boy or girl. Not that it really will affect anything, but we have our ultrasound scheduled for April 11th and it would just be fun to see what everybody thinks!
The baby is due August 27th. I find it interesting that my due date when I was born was August 30th, yet I wasn't born until September 17th. I sure hope this baby wants to get out more than I did!
I have officially made it into the 2nd trimester, although I don't feel like it! I definitely have more energy (as in I don't need to sleep for 12 hours every night), now if only I could stop vomiting! I don't look pregnant either as I have lost 10 pounds (from vomiting) so my pants are actually baggy! I first got nauseous at 4 weeks, starting throwing up at 6 weeks, was throwing up uncontrollably multiple times a day, not being able to keep ANYTHING down at 7 weeks, so I have been on a prescription anti-nausea pill ever since. It helps a lot with the vomiting, however the nausea is constant and never gives up. I try not to take the pill unless I need it, unfortunately I need it almost every day, and on the days I don't take it, I always end up throwing up at least one of my meager meals. I'm just glad I haven't ended up in the hospital for dehydration. I was really close the day the doctor gave me the prescription, so luckily it worked.
On to less yucky news (my life is filled with throwing up so sometimes I forget that other people's lives aren't). We are excited, but I almost wonder if my sister is more excited! She loves to knit and claims, "Your baby is going to have the most knitted things in the history of babies." I guess it is a little hard for me to get overly excited when I am tired and sick all the time. We heard the baby's heartbeat yesterday and that gave me hope that someday I will not feel as sick! This will be the first grandchild on my side (14th on Nate's) and he/she will also be the first great-grandchild on my side, so my parents are pretty excited too!
The baby is due August 27th. I find it interesting that my due date when I was born was August 30th, yet I wasn't born until September 17th. I sure hope this baby wants to get out more than I did!
I have officially made it into the 2nd trimester, although I don't feel like it! I definitely have more energy (as in I don't need to sleep for 12 hours every night), now if only I could stop vomiting! I don't look pregnant either as I have lost 10 pounds (from vomiting) so my pants are actually baggy! I first got nauseous at 4 weeks, starting throwing up at 6 weeks, was throwing up uncontrollably multiple times a day, not being able to keep ANYTHING down at 7 weeks, so I have been on a prescription anti-nausea pill ever since. It helps a lot with the vomiting, however the nausea is constant and never gives up. I try not to take the pill unless I need it, unfortunately I need it almost every day, and on the days I don't take it, I always end up throwing up at least one of my meager meals. I'm just glad I haven't ended up in the hospital for dehydration. I was really close the day the doctor gave me the prescription, so luckily it worked.
On to less yucky news (my life is filled with throwing up so sometimes I forget that other people's lives aren't). We are excited, but I almost wonder if my sister is more excited! She loves to knit and claims, "Your baby is going to have the most knitted things in the history of babies." I guess it is a little hard for me to get overly excited when I am tired and sick all the time. We heard the baby's heartbeat yesterday and that gave me hope that someday I will not feel as sick! This will be the first grandchild on my side (14th on Nate's) and he/she will also be the first great-grandchild on my side, so my parents are pretty excited too!
I'm So excited for you! I had a sneaking suspicion! I'm glad that you're feeling somewhat better. I love you and hope the rest of the pregnancy goes really well! :)
ReplyDeleteMy vote - girl
ReplyDeleteAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou will be the best mommy and daddy ever! Oh, they are they best thing ever, so fun, so cute, so perfect.
I remember feeling like I had been pregnant MY WHOLE LIFE and that it would never end. I'm sorry you are throwing up, that stinks. I never did but I could with the next one. Keep us posted. Love you!!!
Hooray! And hang in there with the nausea and vomiting. I kid you not, I knew before I took any tests that I was pregnant because almost right away I started to get dizzy and light-headed if I didn't stand up slowly enough. About three/four weeks in is when the all-day nausea kicked in and the throwing up lasted from the first week of October through the first week of December. Just take the pill and it will help, I promise. And baked potatoes were the food that I could always stomach, so maybe that will help you? I was just excited to hit week 16 when the vomiting went away and the nausea started to subside. Now I just have to eat every 90 minutes or so to stave off other problems. Your baby will always get what he/she needs. Congratulations to you both!
ReplyDeleteLove,
~Natalia and Clark Earley~