This is meant to be somewhat sarcastic (even though I'm dead serious about most of it). Most people will tell you their magic morning sickness cure, and although I am still trying to figure that one out, these are the things that helped me.
1. Avoid Saltines at all costs. A lot of people say that Saltines do magic to help nausea, and while these may work for the stomach flu, they have an opposite effect on morning sickness.
2. 7-UP is good, belching really loud from 7-UP is better. Sorry to be so un-lady-like, but it really helps when you are feeling nauseous. The bigger the burp the better.
3. Snack all day long, but don't ever get full. Even if you are hungry, do not get full, it will all come up.
4. Jolly Ranchers are life-savers. Life-savers may work as well, but apple Jolly Ranchers cure nausea, while you are sucking on one. No promises on what happens after it is gone.
5. If you want water to stay down, make it freezing. Ice is actually very satisfying. I have recently learned that really cold milk helps with mild nausea too. However, you should probably avoid milk if there is an immediate threat of throwing up.
6. Chocolate is really the cure for everything. While it may not cure morning sickness, it has the lowest rate of being returned to sender.
7. Don't swallow pills, take a shower, cough, brush your teeth, bend over, or look at dirty Kleenex. All of which immediately induce vomiting.
8. Make it to the toilet (or sink, garbage can, etc.) when you have to throw up. Cleaning up puke does not help morning sickness.
9. Don't ever cook or look at food if you plan on eating any of it, and never let your husband eat tuna.
10. Find a distraction. Going to work helps because I don't think about how sick I am as often.
1. Avoid Saltines at all costs. A lot of people say that Saltines do magic to help nausea, and while these may work for the stomach flu, they have an opposite effect on morning sickness.
2. 7-UP is good, belching really loud from 7-UP is better. Sorry to be so un-lady-like, but it really helps when you are feeling nauseous. The bigger the burp the better.
3. Snack all day long, but don't ever get full. Even if you are hungry, do not get full, it will all come up.
4. Jolly Ranchers are life-savers. Life-savers may work as well, but apple Jolly Ranchers cure nausea, while you are sucking on one. No promises on what happens after it is gone.
5. If you want water to stay down, make it freezing. Ice is actually very satisfying. I have recently learned that really cold milk helps with mild nausea too. However, you should probably avoid milk if there is an immediate threat of throwing up.
6. Chocolate is really the cure for everything. While it may not cure morning sickness, it has the lowest rate of being returned to sender.
7. Don't swallow pills, take a shower, cough, brush your teeth, bend over, or look at dirty Kleenex. All of which immediately induce vomiting.
8. Make it to the toilet (or sink, garbage can, etc.) when you have to throw up. Cleaning up puke does not help morning sickness.
9. Don't ever cook or look at food if you plan on eating any of it, and never let your husband eat tuna.
10. Find a distraction. Going to work helps because I don't think about how sick I am as often.
I also carried "bucket-y" around with me (one of those tubs you can get from a hospital), just in case I was in the living room or in bed or in the car and couldn't make it to the bathroom in time. And I'll have to try Jolly Ranchers during my next pregnancy--it sounds like a genius idea!
ReplyDelete