Cereal, how I have missed you...

I am typing this while eating my cereal for breakfast (although I probably won't post it until later).  It has been so long since I have been able to eat cereal in the morning.  I had 4 boxes of cereal that I never touched the months of January and February, and most of March.  So sad, my favorite food left to go stale.  Unfortunately, those "healthy" cereals are still sitting there, however,  I have discovered that Tootie Fruities and Cocoa Dyno-Bites get along very well with my stomach.  I was getting really tired of my two pieces of cinnamon toast every morning so I am glad to have a little variety.

I went to the doctor a few days ago and he said that my morning sickness should be gone by now.  Gee, thanks for the encouragement doc.  He thought that my spontaneous vomiting at this point may be due to acid reflux so he suggested I try Zantac (acid reducer) instead of my trusty Zofran (anti-nausea).  Day 1 did not go so great.  I sat in school swallowing every 2 seconds to keep stuff down (luckily the kiddos were taking a test) and I finally gave in and took my Zofran (I did research and found out they are safe to take together).  Day 2 went much better, however, despite never vomiting, I was so nauseous that eating or drinking anything was a chore.  However, that is how I felt at week 5, and I started getting nauseous at week 4 so maybe just another week and it will be gone.  Day 3 I had to drive to Salt Lake to go to a bridal shower in a restaurant so I didn't bother with experimenting and just took the anti-nausea.  The freeway under construction in Utah County is not a safe place to spontaneously vomit.  Day 4 (today) I have not needed my anti-nausea so far, and have not felt too terribly nauseous.  I may be winning (finally).

Comments