Pregnancy has made me goofy! I called my mom last week and I just started laughing for no apparent reason and couldn’t stop for several minutes. It wasn’t just a giggle either, it was rolling on the floor, laughing out loud, tears coming out eyes, can’t breathe laughing. This happened twice in the hour or so that we talked. Maybe my mom is just a really funny person, but it happens with Nate as well. I know that mood swings are common in pregnancy, but I didn’t know that would involve losing all control of my body and going into laughing convulsions. These mood swings don’t really swing the other direction (luckily for Nate). When something upsets me (almost always a movie), I start bawling, but I generally start laughing at myself for being so ridiculous after a minute, then I go back to crying. The cycle continues until I am rolling on the floor laughing uncontrollably and have forgotten why I was sad. At least I am a happy pregnant lady as opposed to a grumpy one.
I haven’t bought new jeans in about 5 years, and I really needed a nicer pair for work since mine were getting a little worn. I wanted to get some pants that I will be able to wear for the next few months so I a pair of “early pregnancy” jeans which have a normal zipper and button, but have elastic in the waistband in back. Maybe it was that I got too big of a size (I assumed medium was plenty small) but those things do not stay up to save my life! I felt like one of my junior high kids having to pull up my pants every 5 minutes. I guess I will put those away and take them out again later.
The baby is about the size of an orange, and s/he does a marvelous job of hiding. I guess the baby is already a shy child like its parents. There is almost no fat left on my stomach (first time in my life) so there isn’t much to hide behind. I am starting to feel quite a bit better. I haven’t thrown up in a week, which is by far the longest I have gone this whole time without throwing up! Even with the medicine, I would throw up on average once a day. I have been a little hesitant to try going without medicine during the week because my type of work is not very conducive to spontaneous vomiting. My junior high students wouldn’t listen to another word I said for the rest of the year if anything happened. Now if only food would look, taste, and smell even slightly appetizing. Its rather ironic that as I was writing about how I was feeling better, I had to throw up, so I guess I will have to start over again to see if I can get a new record!
Below is a picture on of my belly progression, or lack there of. The first picture is from the beginning and the other is taken today. I even wore the same shirt! Ignore the crappy Photoshop job; I wasn’t a perfectionist on this one. The picture from today features me in my falling down maternity pants. If I line up the Amy’s perfectly on top of each other, I can tell that my tummy has gotten just slightly larger.

I haven’t bought new jeans in about 5 years, and I really needed a nicer pair for work since mine were getting a little worn. I wanted to get some pants that I will be able to wear for the next few months so I a pair of “early pregnancy” jeans which have a normal zipper and button, but have elastic in the waistband in back. Maybe it was that I got too big of a size (I assumed medium was plenty small) but those things do not stay up to save my life! I felt like one of my junior high kids having to pull up my pants every 5 minutes. I guess I will put those away and take them out again later.
The baby is about the size of an orange, and s/he does a marvelous job of hiding. I guess the baby is already a shy child like its parents. There is almost no fat left on my stomach (first time in my life) so there isn’t much to hide behind. I am starting to feel quite a bit better. I haven’t thrown up in a week, which is by far the longest I have gone this whole time without throwing up! Even with the medicine, I would throw up on average once a day. I have been a little hesitant to try going without medicine during the week because my type of work is not very conducive to spontaneous vomiting. My junior high students wouldn’t listen to another word I said for the rest of the year if anything happened. Now if only food would look, taste, and smell even slightly appetizing. Its rather ironic that as I was writing about how I was feeling better, I had to throw up, so I guess I will have to start over again to see if I can get a new record!
Below is a picture on of my belly progression, or lack there of. The first picture is from the beginning and the other is taken today. I even wore the same shirt! Ignore the crappy Photoshop job; I wasn’t a perfectionist on this one. The picture from today features me in my falling down maternity pants. If I line up the Amy’s perfectly on top of each other, I can tell that my tummy has gotten just slightly larger.

congrats on the baby!!! gotta love being pregnant and teaching! i was just student teaching when i was... but running out of the room to vomit was always exciting :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! A baby is so exciting! Hopefully the nausia/vomiting improves quickly!
ReplyDeleteYou can tell that you're a little more full, but that's all. :) And it was funny because I *lost* a ton of weight thanks to all the throwing up but I'm so glad that you're in the throwing-up-once-a-week part! I think I had two or three of those, then I got nice and plump. :D
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the laughter and good times! They're always special and fun to look back on. And I cheated for a couple of weeks and bought food that was mostly prepared so I wouldn't have to go through the agony of crazy smells going through our kitchen while I got meals ready. Don't know if that will be a helpful tip or not, but I figured I'd throw it out there. :D
Keep up being healthy and I *love* the photoshopped pictures of you with the white background!
HA!!! Oh, I wish we could have been pregnant at the same time. I did the same thing! I think the line between laughing and crying is VERY thin. I would laugh hysterically! I'm glad you're feeling better. We still need to get together on a weekend!
ReplyDelete