They think its a...BOY!

We had our ultrasound yesterday, and the baby was not cooperating.  Nate and I thought it was funny.  The baby was sitting very low and all curled up in a ball and not letting the lady check all the things that she needed to.  After about 30 minutes, she had me go to the bathroom, lay on my side, and do all sorts of stuff to try and get the baby to un-curl.  She kept poking and prodding trying to get the baby to open up, but the baby kept rolling over and staying in a ball.  All the poking hurt me a little bit.  After 45 minutes, she was pretty sure that she saw boy parts from a few different angles, so she said it was a boy!  That really surprised me (and a lot of other people), but its exciting!  I want a little farm boy, and Nate wants a little sports boy.  We have to have another ultrasound in 4 weeks because they weren't able to check the all the parts of the heart and other important things since the baby was so tightly curled in a ball, so I guess they will double-check to make sure that the baby really is a boy!  From what they were able to see, the baby seems perfectly healthy and normal, and normal sized (thank goodness since Nate and I were big babies).

Here is a picture of the baby's face, straight on.  The two dark spots are the eye sockets.  I think the baby has Nate's chin, and Nate thinks it is impossible to tell.

Comments

  1. You gotta love the ultrasound people. At least yours was persistent! Most just give up and say, we'll check again some other day. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment