Dear Baby, Come Out!

My body has commitment issues with contractions.  Monday I went to the doctor again and not much had changed.  I was still at 3cm and 80%, but they stripped my membranes to see what would happen.  Immediately after leaving the office I started getting contractions.  We went home, ate, and then I felt like going for a walk so we walked a mile around the neighborhood and then walked for at least an hour at the Orem Fitness Center.  The contractions were pretty regular and they hurt, but I could handle them.  I timed them at about 3 minutes apart.  This continued for about 2 hours (I had already been having regular contractions for 4 hours) so we decided to go to the hospital since they had gotten a lot stronger, they just weren't to the point where they hurt so bad that I wanted to die (and the doctors/nurses said to go when they were 3-5 minutes apart).

By the time we got there I was freaked out (I never remember being in a hospital in my whole life) and the contractions really calmed down and weren't very painful at all.  They got me all hooked up and checked me again (I was 3+ cm by this point) and said that they would see where I was at an hour from then and go from there.  On the monitor it showed I was having contractions every 2 minutes (and a baby that decided to do a kickboxing workout), but after an hour nothing had changed so they offered me morphine (which I didn't want even though they had gotten painful again) and told me to go home and try to sleep and come back in a few hours when they got really painful because "they won't stop if you sleep".  Well, we went home, went to bed, but my body really likes to relax and sleep because I woke up the next morning with absolutely no contractions.  I had a few on and off throughout the day, and then they started again about 4:00pm, and they got a lot stronger than the night before, but I could still handle them, so at bedtime I went to bed, thinking I wouldn't be able to sleep, but of course I did and when I woke up at 2:00am, I had no more contractions, AGAIN.  The difference is that when I woke up at 2:00am, I could not go back to sleep.  My eyes were wide awake.  I have since eaten some cereal, played lots of games of Solitaire, and even ran stairs trying to get sleepy.

I have had so much energy the last couple of days that I am going a little crazy.  Yesterday I finally got my car back from getting fixed so I got it cleaned and hand-waxed (a lot of women to relax get a pedicure/manicure-I go to Supersonic).  Before that I had fixed the toilet in the master bathroom (it needed a few flapper) and afterwards I cleaned the ENTIRE house, ironed Nate's pants, installed the car seat, and did some other random things.

I have been having a few contractions on and off since I woke up (it is 5:15am now) so maybe today I won't go as crazy because I will be in pain.  I am not supposed to go back to the hospital unless they hurt so bad I can't breathe/talk/walk/etc. so hopefully they get to that point before I go to bed tonight because my body will stop them in order to sleep.  I have now been having real contractions in varying degrees for a week and a half so I am getting a little impatient.

Comments

  1. Yes! Nesting! And I'm sorry you've been having contractions but haven't had your baby yet. Hopefully he comes REALLY soon! Love you, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment