I thought that I had a doctor's appointment at 10:30 this morning so I was getting everything ready and looked at the appointment reminder card and realized that it was at 9:50, so I missed the appointment! I was so sad and upset because it was with the doctor that seemed the most optimistic about the baby coming soon (they rotate doctors at the place I go), and it is hard to get into them, especially on Fridays. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to go in until next week, and it would be with a different doctor. Luckily, they had one opening this afternoon with the doctor I wanted so everything worked out just fine in the end, but I was quite panicked this morning.
We went there and found out I am now 4 cm dilated and 90% effaced so I am in "active labor" even though my contractions are almost non-existent now. The good news is that I am getting induced on Monday if he hasn't come by then! It it still 5 days before my due date, but I am just so close to going into labor that my body needs a little help if it doesn't do it on its own by then. Like I mentioned in my previous post, my body has commitment issues with contractions.
Here is my most recent picture. This was at 38 weeks, 1 day (I am currently 38 weeks, 6 days).
I wanted a mug shot. Did I ever mention that I don't have many maternity clothes? This skirt is just being worn really low and I bought several XL shirts from Kohls for cheap.
We went there and found out I am now 4 cm dilated and 90% effaced so I am in "active labor" even though my contractions are almost non-existent now. The good news is that I am getting induced on Monday if he hasn't come by then! It it still 5 days before my due date, but I am just so close to going into labor that my body needs a little help if it doesn't do it on its own by then. Like I mentioned in my previous post, my body has commitment issues with contractions.
Here is my most recent picture. This was at 38 weeks, 1 day (I am currently 38 weeks, 6 days).
I wanted a mug shot. Did I ever mention that I don't have many maternity clothes? This skirt is just being worn really low and I bought several XL shirts from Kohls for cheap.
Comments
Post a Comment