Jared is 2 weeks old (well, he is almost 3 now)! At his 2 weeks appointment he was 8 lbs, 11 oz and 21.5 inches long. He's growing so fast! Here are a few of his favorite things that we have discovered over the past 2 weeks.
1. Sleep Sack
Little Jared is super squirmy (more on this later). We managed to keep him swaddled in the hospital, but the first night home, we could not keep him swaddled at all and he moved so much in his sleep that neither Nate nor I slept. We saw one of these before he was born and thought it was ridiculous, now we can't live without it. Nate made an emergency run to Target and picked one up on day 2 of having him at home. Immediately after putting him in it, he settled down and fell asleep. AMAZING!!
2. Moving
Like mentioned earlier, our little guy is a squirmer. He LOVES to move (just like he did inside me).
3. Pacifier
Jared loves his pacifier! The lactation people at the hospital recommended not using pacifiers for a month, but with all the issues that we have had we ended up giving it to him early so he wouldn't use me as a pacifier. I think that it has actually helped him nurse better. I've had to express milk and bottle feed him for the last week or so because he had damaged my nipples so bad that I was developing a bad infection. He is doing so much better now that we have started to go back to breastfeeding. The lactation consultant yesterday said that everything looked perfect, I just need a little more healing time.
4. Swing
This is Jared's sleeping place during the day. He loves his swing (and so do we because it gives us more time to get stuff done while he is being rocked to sleep.)
1. Sleep Sack
Little Jared is super squirmy (more on this later). We managed to keep him swaddled in the hospital, but the first night home, we could not keep him swaddled at all and he moved so much in his sleep that neither Nate nor I slept. We saw one of these before he was born and thought it was ridiculous, now we can't live without it. Nate made an emergency run to Target and picked one up on day 2 of having him at home. Immediately after putting him in it, he settled down and fell asleep. AMAZING!!
2. Moving
Like mentioned earlier, our little guy is a squirmer. He LOVES to move (just like he did inside me).
3. Pacifier
Jared loves his pacifier! The lactation people at the hospital recommended not using pacifiers for a month, but with all the issues that we have had we ended up giving it to him early so he wouldn't use me as a pacifier. I think that it has actually helped him nurse better. I've had to express milk and bottle feed him for the last week or so because he had damaged my nipples so bad that I was developing a bad infection. He is doing so much better now that we have started to go back to breastfeeding. The lactation consultant yesterday said that everything looked perfect, I just need a little more healing time.
4. Swing
This is Jared's sleeping place during the day. He loves his swing (and so do we because it gives us more time to get stuff done while he is being rocked to sleep.)
He must have really been squirming a lot in the one picture, it's a blur! :-) I still can't figure out why he likes that contraption, but he sure does!
ReplyDeleteI love his skinny ankles! :D
ReplyDeleteIt's not coming through as a movie. Nothing to click.
ReplyDeleteMadison Memorial actually gave us a sleep sack. I really don't know what we'd do without it either! It's kind of funny: every time he sleeps in it, he's like an ad for the hospital because the hospital's logo is on the front. :) Also, I love the pic of Jared and his binkey! It looks so HUGE in his mouth! I'm glad all is going well. If you ever want to talk to another new mommy, just give me a call!
ReplyDeletei LOVE those sleep sacks! :) they are amazing. and i also LOVE pacifiers. he's an adorable little boy. congrats.
ReplyDeleteGreat Grandma thinks he is cute!
ReplyDelete