Couponing

Everybody knows that Nate is an accountant. So, he keeps a very detailed budget. With buying a house and having a baby, our expenses have gone up so we are not netting as much as we used to each month. We were discussing how we could increase our savings and talking about the options that I could do to make more money, but none of them would work well with a baby and Nate working extreme hours during tax season. So, we decided that instead of making more money, we would try saving more money each month on groceries, etc. by couponing. We haven't really started yet, I have just done research and started following some couponing blogs (so if anybody gets extra coupons send them to me!!). I did my first true couponing adventure today.

It was just a small adventure, but here is what I did.

From the blogs that I started following I found out that Target has Huggies (and Pampers) jumbo packs on sale this week for $8.99, and if you bought 3 then you got a $5 Target gift card. I normally get the Huggies Little Snugglers diapers, but they were out of size 2 so I had to go with the Snug and Dry diapers. I had 3 coupons for $3 off Huggies diapers. So, here is how it came out...

3 x $8.99 = $26.97
- $5 gift card
- $9 coupons
= $12.97 for 126 diapers or $0.10/diaper!

I normally get my diapers from Amazon through Subscribe and Save (which is how I got the coupons) for $0.16/diaper. I can get generic diapers for much less (especially Kirkland brand with a coupon from Costco), but Jared is a Huggies man.

These extra diapers will be especially useful as poor Jared has had diarrhea for the last day. Poor guy. I ate a bunch of pumkin and I don't think it settled well with him.

Comments