Yes, we are nuts. We bought another house! With mortgage rates being so low and the home prices starting to rise, we thought that now was a good time. We weren't really looking to buy a house, we just saw this one for sale in the perfect neighborhood in great condition so we decided to look at it, and put an offer in just to see what would happen, and then a month and a half later we moved in! We had to go through a lot more drama with this one than with our last one (and we thought that the last one would be the hard one) because banks are even more stringy with giving out loans (at least the one-time mortgage insurance loan that we love) and we found out during the inspection that there was a high level of radon in the home. It doesn't matter now, but it was a really stressful process! I don't have a ton of pictures because I am still trying to get things put together and decorate, but here are a couple rooms that are mostly done.
The formal living room. Empty. We don't have enough furniture, but we aren't planning on changing that anytime soon so it will just look empty for now. I installed the drapery rod and made the sheers for the windows.
Our kitchen. I plan to do something about the cabinets. They are structurally sound (and solid wood--they don't make cabinets like that anymore), but they have 25 years of wear and tear on them (and many layers of polyurethane turned orange) so I will probably paint them once the weather warms up. I have thought about re-staining them with gel stain, but with the pattern in the granite and the pattern in the backsplash, I think that having wood grain is just too busy. I will probably paint them brown to match the brown in the backsplash. I could paint them white since that is the "in" thing, but I don't feel like putting in stainless steel appliances (and I like white appliances) so I think that white wouldn't look as good. Besides, my guess is that in a few years the "in" thing will be to paint cabinets a color other than white since white cabinets are getting to be a little overused right now (like every other house in parade of homes last summer had white cabinets). I am just thinking ahead of the times. Maybe. Or maybe I am way off. Oh well, I can do what I want. I still need to put up a valance in this room.
The dining room. It is really lacking window valances. Thanks to my mom, I should have the fabric to make these soon and hopefully can update these pictures at the end of next week! I installed the shelf myself.
Oh, and since people are asking, we kept our condo to use as a rental.
Looking good pretty girl!!
ReplyDelete