Outdoor Adventures May 2013

It has been exactly a month since my last post.  I don't know how that happened!  The weather is just so nice and time is going so fast!

First off, we bought a bike trailer for Jared to ride in, and he LOVES it!

For some reason he holds his helmet the whole time.  Probably to keep it from covering his eyes.

The farthest we have biked so far in one trip is 12 miles round trip.  It really isn't too much harder to pull him.

He also loves to go to the park and play on the playground.

He loved this!

We went to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point again, but this time Jared was scared of the animals.  It made me really sad.

This goat must have been expecting twins!
Jared LOVES bubbles!  Unfortunately, he ate some and had a digestive upset for a couple days.  He still wanted to play more with them!



He is also very helpful when we are gardening.  He helped us to water and he also helped us dig holes to plant the flowers.  With our vegetable garden, he helps by taking the rocks and putting them where they belong.






We also hiked "The G" because we had never done it before.  I have heard people say that hiking the G is wimpy compared to hiking the Y, but they must have never done it.  It is pretty steep and a lot more narrow and trickier footing.  It definitely is not as cool as the Y, but it is still a good hike.

Jared when we started.

Jared 10 minutes after we started.



Proof that it is not a wimpy hike.
This next one is pretty funny.  I was sitting outside earlier today enjoying the sunshine and notice a bird fight near our bird feeder.  I watched and after it died down little things start dropping from the tree.  I thought there must be a squirrel in there or something.  I went to investigate and found out they were baby quail dropping from the tree to join their mother for a walk through the yard.  It was so funny!





Comments