After Jared's birthday, my Mom drove back by herself and my grandma and I drove back together so she could entertain Jared. Nate had to work so he flew up at the end of the week. It was a great time to be home because harvest was going on! Jared loved the combines, trucks, and being a farmer for the week!
We started off the week by going on a field trip with Cavendish Elementary. We went to the Dworshak Fish Hatchery. Jared was surprisingly entertained when they smashed the fishes' heads.
 |
| He got to ride the school bus! He even had his own special harness! He fell asleep on the way home, and I got a little queezy from the ride (I am definitely not used to riding a school bus on the grade anymore!) |
 |
| He watched them for at least 15 minutes straight. I didn't know his attention span was that long! They separate the males from the females, remove the eggs from the females, and "milk" the males. He thought the mechanical head smasher was very interesting. |
|
|
At first, Jared was a little worried about being in the big, noisy machinery on the farm, but once my dad let him drive, he couldn't get enough.
 |
| Operating the hydrostat and everything! |
 |
| I took Jared to the field to let him ride with Grandpa in the combine, but we realized that he didn't have a seat. Brad used to ride in a booster seat, but we didn't have it with us. So, I took the car seat out of the car and put it in the combine. It was very crowded, but it worked! |
 |
| Jared got to help take the lentils to the warehouse! |
 |
| Pretending to drive the big boy Peterbuilt truck! |
 |
| The second day of riding in the combine, we took the booster seat and he fell asleep! We had imprints from the floor on his face when we woke him up! The third day he almost fell asleep, but decided that he had to keep himself awake so he started to play with the levers in the combine. My Dad thought something was wrong with the combine before he realized that Jared was playing with the lever that extends the grain auger in and out. That was all fine until he found the lever that unloaded the grain. At that point, Jared got to go home. |
 |
| Playing the in seed lentils for next year. |
 |
| The purpose of this trip was to bury my brother's urn and ashes. I will post more on this later when I feel more like talking about it. |
 |
| The day we left we went out for a ride on the row boat at the pond. |
Comments
Post a Comment