In case you missed it, we are having another baby! I am due in the middle of May (I think the 13th) which would make me almost 14 weeks along. For people that followed my previous pregnancy, one of the first questions is how sick have I been? I am happy to report that except for a few weeks, I was not considered to have Hyperemesis Gravidarum this time! Granted, I still did have a couple times where Nate said if I threw up once more we were going to the ER, I have still been on Zofran (although not as much this time), I have gotten a couple IVs for being dehydrated, and I still lost 10 pounds (I didn't regain the 15 pounds I lost with Jared so that makes me 25 pounds less than when I got married), but it has not been as bad as last time! The best part is that I could probably drop the Zofran at this point and keep enough down, but I have already lost so much weight and have been at risk of bladder and/or kidney infections because of dehydration that it is better just to make sure I can eat and drink enough. At the rate I am going the nausea/vomitting should be gone in the next couple weeks, which would be HUGE for me since I was sick and on meds until the 3rd trimester last time. The only explanation I have is that my body really hates being pregnant.
This time I have been going to a midwife group instead of an OBGYN, but the group is actually part of the same practice that I went to last time so they have all my history and everything in the computers. It has been a great experience so far. They seem to care a lot more, especially in regards to being sick, and have tried differnet approaches (like IVs-why did the doctors never suggest that last time?). I really think that is helping me the most in coming out of this morning sickness prison sooner. One cool thing is that they have hand-held ultrasound devices so everytime we have gone in we get to see the baby. Another thing I am excited about is that we get to deliver at Orem Community and we have a lot more options as far as the birth goes. I know a lot of people that are going to midwives are doing home births or delivering in birthing centers, but I am not a blood and guts person so I am not ready for that, plus insurance won't cover it.
We get to find out the gender on January 2nd, unless of course they do a little sneak peak with the handheld untrasound at our next appointment and the baby is in the exact right position!
This time I have been going to a midwife group instead of an OBGYN, but the group is actually part of the same practice that I went to last time so they have all my history and everything in the computers. It has been a great experience so far. They seem to care a lot more, especially in regards to being sick, and have tried differnet approaches (like IVs-why did the doctors never suggest that last time?). I really think that is helping me the most in coming out of this morning sickness prison sooner. One cool thing is that they have hand-held ultrasound devices so everytime we have gone in we get to see the baby. Another thing I am excited about is that we get to deliver at Orem Community and we have a lot more options as far as the birth goes. I know a lot of people that are going to midwives are doing home births or delivering in birthing centers, but I am not a blood and guts person so I am not ready for that, plus insurance won't cover it.
We get to find out the gender on January 2nd, unless of course they do a little sneak peak with the handheld untrasound at our next appointment and the baby is in the exact right position!
Congrats Amy! Very exciting; and I am so glad that you are not as sick as last time! What a trooper!!!
ReplyDeleteJanuary 2nd seems SO long to wait! :) I'm excited to be Grandma again!
ReplyDelete