Amy's Survival Guide to Morning Sickness round 2

I found this in my drafts so I decided to finish it.  I was planning on finishing it when morning sickness with Nicole ended, but that didn't happen until after she was born.  So, here is my abbreviated list.

1.  Unisom.  For whatever reason, I couldn't keep it down with Jared, but with Nicole I had to take it EVERY SINGLE DAY until she was born otherwise I could keep NOTHING down.  I also had to take Zofran for a while because Unisom just didn't cut it.  However, Unisom doesn't have the annoying side effects of Zofran, it just makes you sleepy.

2.  Chocolate Milk.  I went through about a week where I could drink chocolate milk, and keep it down.  That was good.

3.  IVs.  IVs are wonderful.  I should have gotten one at least once a week from about 9 weeks-13 weeks, but finding a baby sitter and arranging to have somebody drive me into Provo was tricky.  Maybe next time I can get them at the Orem office.

4.  Stool softeners.  TMI?  Sorry.  However, I noticed that for whatever reason, food wasn't leaving my stomach in a timely manner (it would sit there for 8 hours and I would throw it up) so the stool softeners helped to speed things up and get food digested.  I think I was getting sick from food rotting in my stomach some of the time.

5.  Thats it.  With Nicole I felt like the sickness was less severe (although that might have just been because the first morning I woke up at 3 am throwing up every 30 minutes I called in and got Zofran and was very proactive about taking it, but the sickness lasted a lot longer (with Jared it was 6 months, it was 9 months with Nicole).  The only thing that really did anything for me with Nicole was medication.  I hate taking medication, but it kept me alive so I was glad that it was an option.

Comments