I got a new camera yesterday. I still have my trusty Cannon DSLR, but I got a Samsung "smart" camera. We don't have smartphones (we don't need them and can't justify the extra $20 per month to have even the most basic data plan), but my contract was up and I could get a free phone, so I was considering getting a smartphone. I only really wanted it for taking pictures and being able to easily upload them, so I ended up getting another basic phone and getting a "smart" camera, which has wifi and, when used with our iPad, is almost as easy to upload photos as a smartphone, and takes much higher quality pictures. We also needed a new point-and-shoot camera anyway since our old one got dropped in a sand dune last year. I have been using my brother's, but it isn't super great for moving subjects (like kids). So far, I am loving this camera!
I am going to challenge myself to take a picture every day of each kid and post it on here. I will still do semi-regular updates of other things (like trips, kid updates, etc.), but I will be posting very short posts every day. My sister did this once a few years ago, and she is doing it again this year. I have always wanted to do a 365 project, but downloading photos to the computer is not an easy task with little kids, so I am glad I found a camera that I can easily post photos with (I can even email them directly from the camera to the blog if I need to!). I think I am going to start out with a goal of 100 days (starting tomorrow, ending December 1st), and then see how it goes.
Today we went for a walk from our house up to the Dry Creek Canyon parking lot and here are some photos I took on the way.
I am going to challenge myself to take a picture every day of each kid and post it on here. I will still do semi-regular updates of other things (like trips, kid updates, etc.), but I will be posting very short posts every day. My sister did this once a few years ago, and she is doing it again this year. I have always wanted to do a 365 project, but downloading photos to the computer is not an easy task with little kids, so I am glad I found a camera that I can easily post photos with (I can even email them directly from the camera to the blog if I need to!). I think I am going to start out with a goal of 100 days (starting tomorrow, ending December 1st), and then see how it goes.
Today we went for a walk from our house up to the Dry Creek Canyon parking lot and here are some photos I took on the way.
| We are going to hike through that canyon this fall, but we will drive to the parking lot that time! |
Comments
Post a Comment