More canning today. Total I have canned 18 quarts, 16 pints, and 4 half-pints of peach products this week. Tomorrow I am making peach salsa, and then I am done with peaches. I can't handle them anymore! I also am completely out of wide mouth jars (except for one weird 2.5 pint size that I am going to use for storage) and only have 10 regular mouth jars left (they are all pints), so whatever doesn't get used for peach salsa will get used for tomato salsa. I already have 15 pints of tomato salsa and 12 half-pints of apricot jam that I have canned this year. I feel productive, yet unproductive at the same time because there are so many more tomatoes and peaches that I could can but I can't because I don't have enough jars, yet I don't want more jars because I want an excuse to be done! Some year I want to make my own tomato sauce, but not this year. Next year should be a little easier because Nicole will be older.
Here is a photo from Instagram today. My phone is charging (oh yeah, I got an iPhone, but it doesn't have service yet because I have to wait forever for Verizon to process the return of a phone I tried and didn't like. I am getting impatient and it has only been a week). Nicole is so big!
Here is a photo from Instagram today. My phone is charging (oh yeah, I got an iPhone, but it doesn't have service yet because I have to wait forever for Verizon to process the return of a phone I tried and didn't like. I am getting impatient and it has only been a week). Nicole is so big!

Comments
Post a Comment