About a month and a half ago, Nate mentioned that he had a plan for a trip for our anniversary/my birthday (since they are 13 days apart), but we would have to get Nicole to take a bottle, and I would have to build up a supply of milk in the freezer. He also told me that he wasn't going to tell me when or where we were going. With some help from a bottle-feeding expert, we got Nicole to take a bottle, and the milk supply wasn't an issue since I am a Holstein and got a double electric pump for free through our insurance when Nicole was born.
About 2 weeks ago I found out (via an invitation that was mailed to me) that it would be this past weekend, what I needed to pack, and that Nate's friend Shane and his wife would be watching the kids. The week came for us to leave and I started getting a sore throat, but no big deal since I am normally bothered by fall allergies. However, 2 days before (on my birthday) I cam down with a really bad cold. That night I woke up at midnight wheezing and struggling to breathe, and wondered if I was going to have to go to the ER since I haven't had an inhaler in almost 4 years. The next morning I could breathe, but had a fever and spend the whole morning in bed (this is the day before we were supposed to leave). Once the fever broke that afternoon, I started feeling better, still congested, but improved, so we were able to go.
I was concerned about leaving the kids (especially Nicole because she has started having stranger danger, and like a typical nursing baby, is very attached to mommy), but as soon as our baby sitters showed up she was smiling at them and didn't seem to have any problems, so that helped. Prior to this, the only night I had ever spend away from Jared was the night after Nicole was born and I stayed in the hospital. I had never spend a night away from Nicole, obviously.
After we got into the car, I started eliminating places I thought we might be going based on the direction we headed. We first headed West so I knew we were going to I-15 and not up Provo Canyon. Then we headed north on the freeway, so I was convinced that we were headed to Logan. However, we passed Brigham City, which is the fastest way to Logan, but not necessarily the most direct so I was still convinced it was Logan. Then we passed Tremonton and headed West on I-84, which totally threw me for a loop because the nearest city with anything worth visiting (no offense Snowville, Burley, etc.) was Twin Falls, which was farther than I thought that we would be going...but that was the mystery destination!
Now, a lot of you are probably thinking...Twin Falls...is there even anything to do there? Its definitely not a tourist trap, but we didn't have a lot of time so it was perfect. Nate chose Twin Falls because every single time we pass it on the way to/from Boise I mention how we needed to go see the falls. The lame thing is that they were limiting water at the falls. So we still need to see them in their full glory.
We stayed at a Marriott that was brand new and ate at the best Mexican restaurant I have ever eaten at. We also visited the temple.
 |
| IDAHO!!! I love this sign! |
 |
| We hit a bug swarm. With driving into the sun, it made it really hard to see. |
 |
| This picture doesn't do justice for the amount of bug guts on our car. |
 |
| Nate at the falls. |
 |
| Even if the falls were dry, this was super cool to see. |
 |
| Just imagine water running over the whole thing. |
When we got back home, Nicole was so relieved to see us. She did fine, but she definitely missed us. She immediately laid her head on my chest and didn't let go. Then she decided she needed to nurse for the next 2 hours. When we walked in the door and said hello to Jared, he hung his head in sorrow. He had fun without us!
So fun/!! I love twin falls!
ReplyDelete