Halloween 2014

This year for Halloween I was determined to make it to Nate's work party.  Last year we didn't make it because I had eternal morning sickness and Nate had come down with the plague of colds.  This year I had big plans for our family costumes so I really wanted to go.  The day we left Boise, my mom came down with a stomach bug/cold.  We had just spent the last two months being sick from one cold to another, and were FINALLY better, so I really didn't want to get sick again, but we did.  We were sick on Halloween again.  Nate didn't really want to go to the party again, but with all the preparations we had made, I said we had to go.  Our family didn't end up as coordinated as I had originally hoped, but it turned out well!  Nate was a lumberjack/logger, I wore a poodle skirt, Nicole was Raggedy Ann (the cutest thing ever!) and Jared was Daniel Boone.

Us at Nate's work in his cubicle.  The poodle skirt is not flattering on me.

Jared won 2nd place!  He didn't want me to take a picture of him...obviously.

Jared in his Daniel Boone outfit.  I mad the whole thing without a pattern (except the hat...which has a REAL raccoon tail on it!)

Nicole as Raggedy Ann.  I had to tone down the reds in this photo because her hair is so intense it was actually washing out!  It makes her look pale.  She is not.

Nate chopping down the tree in our front yard with his cardboard ax.  We thought the real one might be too much.

Part of Nate's costume was to grow a goatee!

Here is a video of Jared practicing trick-or-treating.  Hopefully it is the correct orientation.  I need to remember to hold my phone horizontal while taking videos.


Comments