The day Nicole turned 6 months old, we tried to feed her solid food. Technically, it wasn't her first solid food (she had eaten a couple cereal puff things already), but this was her first meals of solids, kind of. We attempted sweet potatoes and avocado. I hate baby food. It seriously makes me want to puke, even if I am not pregnant, so we don't buy it. Plus, it is super expensive for the amount of food you get. I also hate spoon feeding. I am all for baby-led weaning. We fed her a little on the spoon, and then let her go at it. Jared made a huge mess, but still managed to eat quite a bit on his own. Nicole didn't even attempt to feed herself, but she LOVED playing in the food. She was having the time of her life! Her tongue-trust reflex is still pretty strong so we probably won't be feeding her any more solids for a while. She just doesn't seem to be ready.
We have a video of her first impression of eating, but apparently it is over the 100 mb limit...so sad! I don't know how to trim it down.
 |
| Getting ready! |
 |
| I feel like a big girl eating from a spoon, but please take the food away and just give me the spoon. |
 |
| Wow! Food flies off the plate if I bang it on the tray! |
 |
| Is this how I eat? |
 |
| Ok, I am done. |
 |
| Well, that was fun...as long as I get a bath afterwards! |
This video isn't super great, but at least you get so see her reaction to foods a little bit.
Comments
Post a Comment