This Christmas was honestly one of my favorite Christmases of all time. We stayed in Orem and so it was just the 4 of us. I think the reason I enjoyed it so much was not because of the presents I was getting (I knew or had already gotten most of them already) but because I was so excited for the kids to open their presents. Jared had been asking for a backhoe for some time, so it was so fun to see him open it! It was a pretty relaxing day. We stayed home and just enjoyed time with just us. We also got our first significant snow fall. It was wonderful!
| Despite my family's tradition of opening all presents (except for Santa presents) on Christmas Eve, we waited until Christmas morning to open presents. Here are the kids beforehand. |
| Jared "helped" Nicole open the gift he gave to her. |
| Jared "helping" Nicole again. |
| Jared and his beloved backhoe. |
| You can't see it from this photo, but here was a look of amazement on his face at this truck when he opened it! |
| The aftermath... |
| Since the kids woke up at 6 am, it was still dark ish when we were done. |
| Daddy and Jared shoveling the driveway after opening gifts. |
| Christmas dinner. Too much food for 2 people (and a picky 3-year-old who only wanted Cheerios) |
| Sledding in the backyard after dinner! |
| We also built a snow fort! |
| Nicole LOVED the snow! |
Comments
Post a Comment