Strawberry Reservoir

On January 10th, we needed to get out of the smog and snow-less city so we decided to visit Strawberry Reservoir.  It was beautiful and snowy!  It was also cold!  Just what I needed.  I love winter, and I realize that other people don't, but when its January, I expect it to be winter, and when its not, I get a little annoyed.  This is the second year in a row that January has acted like April.  It is making me really grumpy.  Anyway, I am glad that there are places we can drive to that are wintery.

It was 18° and the lake was frozen solid.  Jared liked walking on the ice!
 
Lots of ice fishers.  Nate had even gone ice fishing here with some friends when he was a kid.

More ice fishers.

Nicole loves the snow!


We found a little hill to go sledding on.

Unfortunately, one of the sleds broke so we now only have one sled since it is no longer sled season.  Home Depot stops selling sleds at Christmas, but puts out seeds so that you can plant your garden in January!  We probably won't get any more snow before next Christmas so it probably doesn't matter.

Comments