Camping June 2015

On Brad's weekend (Friday June 12-13th) we went camping at Payson Lakes campground.  It was fun to get away and enjoy time together as a family.  Ate and early lunch on Friday and headed up there.  On the way up we stopped at Grotto Falls.  It was a fun little hike!  There were lots of log bridges to cross so it made it more interesting.  We scrounged for firewood and found quite a bit, visited the lake, and set up camp after we got to the campground.  We had foil dinners for dinner and tried to get the kids to go to bed early, but there were people/kids screaming, yelling, swearing, and running around with flashlights until after midnight so nobody slept well.  We had bacon, oatmeal, and muffins for breakfast.  We visited the lake again, and then packed up and went home.  A short trip, but very fun and pretty scenery!

My baking prep at home...

We stayed less than 24 hours and this is the back of our car with the 3rd row folded down!

Hiking to the Grotto

Nicole thought her hat was tasty on the hike.

Grotto Falls.



At lake at the campground.

Jared loved throwing rocks into the water!

Nicole loved the water!

Nicole loved eating the dirt.  Unfortunately she tried to eat a stick and choked really bad.  I had to pound on her back for a couple minutes to get it out.

Our tent site

Our fire pit area.  I had to make reservations online without seeing the camp spots since you have to make reservations in May at the latest if you want to go camping anytime during the summer because of the ratio of people to campgrounds, so I think I did a pretty good job site unseen!



The last Christmas present I gave to Brad was that jacket/coat.  I brought it and wore it at night.

The lake was so still in the morning!




Comments