Nate's new car

Back in May, Nate's 1999 Toyota Corolla died (while I was driving it)...Nate drove the car to the church and back (about 2.5 miles ish) and said it was making weird noises. We looked up possible causes on the internet, but didn't find anything helpful so he checked the oil, which was above the add line, and started it again, but told me I had to come listen to it.  I put the car in drive, and it won't go. The engine revs, but it won't move. I put it in park and try a few more times and finally I get it to go and take it for a spin around the block. I notice that it isn't shifting and I know that there is no way I can make it up the hill that I was coming to, so I make a U-turn and then it won't go any further. Unfortunately, this was in in the middle of the road AND in front of somebody's driveway AND I forgot my cell phone. So, I put the car in neutral and push it 50 or so feet to the side of the road...in my pajamas and slippers with ginormous bed head hair! I was laughing the whole time!

Needless to say, the transmission died, and being so old, it was not cost-effective to fix (and would require we replace it with a used transmission that would still be 16-years-old), so we traded it to a guy for a 2003 Honda Civic.  So far the Honda has been ok.  We had to take it in for a repair already because the throttle position sensor thing went bad, and there is a very mild and occasional jerk when it is cruising that is puzzling (we thought it would be fixed with the new sensors), but hopefully not a big deal.  Hopefully it will be a good car for us.

Nate's old Corolla.  It has probably now been melted down and recycled.
The new car...with Jared and Nate inside!

Comments