Spring Break 2016

On the Wednesday before spring break (March 30) I picked Jared up from preschool and came home for a little bit to eat and finish packing then we left for Idaho.  Nate of course stayed in Utah to work a ridiculous amount of hours.  The plan was to leave directly after preschool like last year, but I had a sore throat that had been bugging me for 5 days so I went to the doctor while Jared was at preschool and found out I had strep throat and I had to go get antibiotics.  Needless to say, I did not get everything packed and ready because of that crazy strep throat.  I got it from Jared because a week before his preschool sent out an email about strep throat going around, but he never had symptoms, and luckily nobody else got it either!

On the way up we stayed with Lisa and Kevin.  We walked to a park near their house which happened to have a toy fire truck!  Jared loved it and Nicole loved it because Jared loved it!

Nicole and I shared a bed and Lisa's house.  She is a cute sleeper!

Pretty flowers at my parents' house.

Nicole was obsessed with being outside.  One evening she hadn't gotten dressed after her bath yet, but demanded we put on her shoes and go outside...so we did!

Jared, Dad, and a neighbor and his grandson went on an adventure in the woods.  They even found buried treasure!

Mom and I went to Sandpoint to pick up some sausage she had taken up there to be processed the week before.  We ate lunch at the beach.

Nicole loved to play in the sand!

She loved the slides too!

I went to search and rescue training for the first time in years.  It has been so long!  Here is Dad and Kanobi.

At dog training, Dad and Leia.

Just watching TV.  Nicole had just had a bath.

Leia is obsessed with balls.  I mean OBSESSED!  She is so funny though because you will throw it for her and she will get it and put it down and then stare at it until you pick it up again.

He gets very tired helping Grandpa.


Nicole swinging on the swing we used to play on so much at the tree house.

Jared was teaching Nicole how to drive the Kubota.  All she cared about was that her seat belt was buckled.

I managed to get 3 dogs and 2 little kids all in the same picture and none of them are moving!


They make a good team.  Jared on the pedals with Nicole at the steering wheel.


Jared at the tree house.



Jared went with Dad to a fire hall meeting.

Jared was so sweet and picked me these flowers!

Nicole stealing Mom's dinner.

Silly Kanobi!

The middle seat of my car.  It worked surprisingly well and they were actually very good!  I was so worried about driving with them by myself that far.

On the way back through Boise, we stayed with Aunt Sue.  Jared managed to memorize a book while we were there and "read" it to Lisa!



Lastly, a bit of bad news.  This is Smokey, we got him as a 5-week-old kitten in the fall of 1998.  He really was a beautiful cat, although definitely quirky and not always friendly, however he loved to play with the dogs.  A week or so before I got there my parents discovered a tumor on his chin.  This prevented him from being able to swallow and eat, hence why he is drooling in this photo.  My parents and sister made the decision to put him down, and the vet took care of that on April 18th.  RIP kitty.


Comments

Post a Comment