August 2016

After we got back from my parents' house at the beginning of the month, we got the house cleaned up and listed on the market.  We had an offer over our asking price the day after we listed!  It was so relieving to know that we didn't have any more house projects to do and that our free time would not be spent painting, cleaning, etc. (although I did have to keep the place clean for the inspector, appraiser, showings, etc).

Jared had ticks on his head from when we visited my parents'.  They went unnoticed for a while because Jared's hair is so long and he doesn't let us comb or wash his hair.  I gave him a hair cut and I found them, and they were pretty big.  I am very used to pulling ticks off dogs, and I pulled them off his head with no hesitation, but his lymph nodes were also very large and inflamed and the doctor wanted to make sure that the bites weren't infected.  So, we went to the doctor, and there was nothing to worry about, but I got this cute picture!

July was work, work, work with house projects, so I made it a point to play more in August.  Here the kids are at the wooden park in Pleasant Grove.


They did this themselves and loved it!

I had to make a tip to Idaho in the middle of August to do some stuff for the house and Sasha was very concerned that she wasn't coming.  She is a cute dog!

For part of Jared's birthday present, we got tickets to the demolition derby at the Utah County Fair in Spanish Fork.  Jared LOVED it to say the least.  He was literally laughing so hard he could not sit up straight and had to lean on us.  Nicole thought it was fun, but she got very tired and cranky/fidgety.


Jared's first day of Kindergarten at Northridge!


Farm country!


Comments